Am I A Union Member?

stub2Many of you are confused when asked whether  or not you are a member. There is an easy way to check with out having to call anyone.
Just look at your Check stub, you will find on your Check Stub an area where your deductions are ..
There will be a line that says CSEA  STATE DUES that is the required dues that everyone pays, also known as a service fee. This fee Varies. It is based on a percentage of salary.
The Next line you will look for is the CSEA DUES/FEES line that will be for  $2.00  ( $20.00 a year ) That is your membership dues, and if you are Victory club you will see an additional line that says CSEA PROF.
That amount can vary. Both the V.C and the Membership Dues are voluntary, But You MUST pat the membership dues in order to VOTE, or receive additional benefits. I have highlighted My check stub so you can see what they look like.
If you do not have the additional $2.00 Never fear one of us can help you, e-mail, call or contact Barbara Green in Accounts payable and we’ll sign you up.

2 thoughts on “Am I A Union Member?

  1. Allyson Holt

    The Service fee is payed to the Union as State Dues and is used to employ our LRR, and other staff. They then handle our negotiations and other business such as representation
    Training for members, Organization of events, and Conference.

    The Chapter dues are paid to the Chapter to helps run the Chapter business such as the newsletter and sending members to Conference.

    The Victory club which is another voluntary deduction you may see goes to Political action and Is separate because NONE of the other money collected can go to that.

Comments are closed.