As I previously reported to you the School Board / District have sunshined their re openers for the contract negotiations for 2009/10 school year.
I now have the actual text of the Resolution presented at the June 23rd school board meeting and Passed by the School Board.
I will reprint it here for you to read for yourselves.
Resolution No. 40 Of the Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District
Whereas, the State of California is projecting a state budget shortfall of $24.3 Billion for the 2009-2010 school year.
Whereas, the State Of California may be proposing a $3.9 billion reduction in the state support for K-12 public schools in 2009-2010 fiscal year.
Whereas, as a result of these unprecedented cutbacks in state funding the Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District will be required to reduce its 2009-2010 budget in the amount of $15.2 million
Whereas, employee salaries and benefits are over 86% of the school district budget
Whereas, due to the uncertainty of the law, the governing board of the Placenti-Yorba Linda Unified School District wishes to reserve its right to negotiate and /or enact salary reductions for the Certificated and Classified employees for the 2009/2010 fiscal year.
Now; Therefore, Be It Resolved, that the governing board of the Placentia- yorba Linda Unified School District does hereby:
1. Find that it is necessary to negotiate a reduction in salaries for the certificated and classified employee for the 2009/2010 fiscal year
2. Reserve the right to initiate negotiations under the States collective bargaining laws Government code 3540 et seq., to reduce certificated and classified salaries for the 2009/2010 fiscal year.
3. The work year , compensation and benefits for the fiscal year 2009-2010 are hereby declared to be indefinite pending negotiations and all salary scheduled shall continue on an interim, indefinite basis only, subject to any negotiated and/or adopted changes.
4. The Superintendent or designee shall notify all administrative, supervisory, confidential and unrepresented employees before July 1, 2009 of the indefinite nature of the 2009/2010 work year, compensation and benefits, with the possibility that significant adjustment may be with respect to work year: compensation and benefits and other cost containment matters.
5. The Superintendent or designee, shall notify the exclusive representatives of any recognized bargaining units ( classified and certificated) before July 1,2009, of the indefinite nature of the 2009/2010 work year, compensation and benefits and request to schedule negotiations, which may require reductions regarding the work year, compensation and benefits for the 2009/2010 fiscal year and othe rcost containment matters.
Passed and adopted by the board of Education of the Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District on this 23rd Day of June 2009.