In an effort to bring employees back from lay off in a timely manner and to benefit the membership as much as possible, CSEA and the District have negotiated the following agreement.
The MOU draft previously published was posted in error as it was a working draft.
It had an error that has now been corrected.
I am sorry for the delay in this posting as I was away at the State Conference.
There will be a meeting held shortly after School starts to ratify the agreement. I will post on the website the date and place.
A link to the actual document is here: MOU CIS 08-11-2014_AH and NB and wp signed
MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING
Between the California School Employees Association
and its the Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified Chapter 293
And the Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District
This Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) is by and between the Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District (District), California School Employees Association (CSEA) and its Placentia-Yorba Linda Chapter #293 collectively referred to as “the Parties” regarding the District increasing the hours of Computers Instructional Specialists (CIS) who are employed for less than 0.469 full-time equivalent (FTE) to 0.469 FTE. The District shall also re-employ any individuals who are on the rehire list as a CIS and have worked less than 0.469 FTE to 0.469 FTE. Specifically, the Parties agree to the following:
Current Computer Instructional Specialists
1. Effective September 2, 2014, the District shall increase the hours of Computers Instructional Specialists (CIS) who are employed for less than 0.469 full-time equivalent (FTE) to 0.469 FTE. Any CIS who currently works more than 0.469 FTE shall retain their current FTE. The District shall use the established number of hours the employee currently works at the time of this MOU. The identities of these individuals are in Attachment 1.
FTE at time MOU is to be executed
A Amy Troup – 0.494 – 0.494
B Elaine Herbert – 0.400 – 0.469
C Gladys Fetter – 0.625 – 0.625
D Jennifer Ehrich – 0.437 – 0.469
E Karen Salemi – 0.625 – 0.625
F LaMae Reck -0.494 – 0.494
G Linda Cagney = 0.469 – 0.469
H Linda Cotta -0.400 – 0.469
I Lisa Pierro -0.494 -0.494
J Pamela Deneau – 0.469 – 0.469
K Tammy Llorens 0.494 – 0.494
L Trisha Ladd -0.469 – 0.469
2. Current bargaining unit members in the classification of CIS shall start on the first day of service, in accordance with the classified calendar.
Rehiring Individuals on the Computer Instructional Specialists Layoff List
3. Effective September 2, 2014, the District shall rehire three (3) unit members currently on the layoff list that had presently held the classification of Computer Instructional Specialists based on seniority, in accordance with Article XIV of the Collective Bargaining Agreement. The identities of these individuals are in Attachment 2.
4. All re-hired Computers Instructional Specialists will be brought back at 0.469 of an FTE.
5. The District shall re-employ the following bargaining unit members on the layoff list:
FTE at time of layoff
FTE at time MOU is to be executed
M Debbie Barton 0.375 0.469
N Gisela Dutton 0.375 0.469
O Victor Fiore 0.350 0.469
6. Bargaining unit members who are on the rehire list and offered the position begin working on the first day of service, in accordance with the classified work calendar.
7. The District will meet with CSEA in January 2015 to review Computer Instructional Specialist staffing.
8. The District shall attempt to assign a Computer Instructional Specialist to no more than two work sites in a single school year.
Individuals Not Rehired from the Computer Instructional Specialists Layoff List
9. The length of time for the Computer Instructional Specialists who remain on the layoff list will be extended by one (1) year. The Computer Instructional Specialists who remain on the layoff list are: Person P, Person Q, Person R and Person S. Their period of time on the layoff list will change from September 16, 2016 to September 16, 2017. The identities of these individuals are in Attachment 3.
P Keith Kenmotsu
Q Erin Shriever
R Frank Ventura
S Coreen Cardenas
11. Under no circumstances shall the District transfer the job duties of the Computer Instructional Specialist to a certificated staff, management, or administrator.
12. Refusal of an offer of a position shall not affect the standing of any unit member on a the re-employment list.
13. Any difference arising from the interpretation, administration, or application of this proposed language may be addressed through the grievance procedure set forth in Article VIII of the Collective Bargaining Agreement or other remedial mechanism available by law, if applicable.