Applications are being accepted through April 21, 2017.
Scholarships will be awarded at the June 12th Chapter meeting.
Winners need not be present.
FOUR – $500.00 Scholarships are being offered by
CSEA Chapter 293
to Chapter Members and their children
Applications may be picked up at any of the PYLUSD high school counseling offices or from the Chapter’s website at pylcsea.com
To be eligible to receive a scholarship the applicant must be:
- Current Chapter 293 Member or the child of a current Member (verification of relationship may be required)
- Graduating High School Senior, or a student at an accredited college, university, vocational, technical or trade school
- Have a GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Register for the fall term 2017
Submit completed application with the following attachments:
- High school or college signed original transcript
- Two (2) letters of recommendation – Include date and contact information
- a. One letter from a teacher or counselor familiar with the applicant’s academic performance
- b. One letter from a community member, not related to applicant, who is familiar with applicant’s character outside school setting
Scholarships will be awarded based on the following criteria:
- Completed Courses
- Community Service
- Grade Point Average
- School Involvement
- Letters of Recommendation