Hello CSEA Placentia-Yorba Linda Chapter 293 Members,
I hope this communication finds you well and healthy. I’m reaching out to update you on the completion of COVID-19 impacts and effects negotiations. CSEA’s Placentia-Yorba Linda Chapter 293 Negotiations Team has been bargaining with the District since March 13th in pursuit of securing an agreement that provided safety, pay, and leave protections as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent school closures. It is my pleasure to bring you all the attached Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). The MOU provides assurances to members regarding their pay, leave accruals, work assignments, and job security through the end of the fiscal year. Highlights of the MOU include the following:
1. Commitments from the District to implement preventive measures to help combat the spread of COVID-19, such as social distancing and the allocation of personal protective equipment (PPE) for those members that are required to report to work.
2. Pay of time and a half for all Nutrition Service employees that have been directed to report to work.
3. The ability to self-quarantine at no loss of leave time or pay for members that are high risk for serious illness, or who live with or are caring for family members that are high risk for serious illness, should they contract COVID-19.
4. Commitment from the District that no member will suffer any loss of pay as it relates to their permanent assignment during the school closure period.
5. Commitments from the District regarding remote work, which include a requirement that remote work only be performed during a member’s normal work hours and that the District provide the necessary materials and training to those members that are directed to engage in remote work.
We appreciate all of our member’s support though these stressful times and these intense negotiations. We also appreciate the members that expressed their willingness to help us fight to secure an agreement. While our Negotiations Team was successful in securing an agreement at the bargaining table this time, it is very likely your support may be needed as we gear up to head back to negotiate our 2019-2020 successor contract in the coming weeks and begin to talk about compensation for all unit members. We will keep you up to date on this.
CSEA’s State Executive Board’s Wavier 1 for Policy 610 has eliminated membership ratification requirements for COVID-19 specific agreements as it is not possible to congregate to vote in accordance with our constitution and bylaws requirements at this time due to the various governmental orders. As such, this MOU has been submitted to CSEA’s Orange Field Office’s Director for Policy 610 approval and ratified by the Placentia-Yorba Linda Chapter 293’s Executive Board at direction of the CSEA’s State Executive Board and our local Field Director.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me (Job Suarez, 714-681-3095 or email@example.com), your First Vice President (Chris Lawyer, 714-615-0896 or firstname.lastname@example.org), or our Labor Rep (Anthony Solis at 714-532-3766 ext 7126 or email@example.com). Thank you!
CSEA Placentia-Yorba Linda Chapter 293 President