CSEA is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 913 8587 9407
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,91385879407# US (San Jose)
+14086380968,,91385879407# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 913 8587 9407
Find your local number: https://csea.zoom.us/u/aSYKq4RaY
293 19-20 Successor TA
Hello CSEA Chapter 293 Members,
This communication is being provided to you to inform you of your right to vote on your new 2019-2022 contract. Your vote is an opportunity for you to exercise your voice as it pertains to the tentative agreement that was reached between CSEA and PYLUSD on the new 2019-2022 contract. We advise that you review the tentative agreement in its entirety. Some highlights of the tentative agreement are as follows:
- A new three (3) year contract term (2019-2022) with an opportunity to reopen the contract to negotiate wages, health and welfare benefits, and 3 other items for the 2021-2022 school year.
- All eight (8) personal necessity days are now able to be used for matters of compelling personal importance, which means no reason is needed to be provided by a member to PYLUSD when taking a personal necessity leave day.
- A compression of the longevity salary schedule (increase increments) which eliminated the 30 years two and half (2.5%) percent increase and added it to the 25 years five percent (5%) increase. As a result, the 25 years longevity salary increase increment is now seven and a half percent (7.5%) and the longevity salary increase increments now max out at 25 years at twenty-two and a half percent (22.5%) on top on a member’s base rate of pay. The change at 25 years shall be applied retroactively to July 1, 2019.
- A two percent (2%) on-schedule salary increase for members that shall be applied retroactively to July 1, 2020.
- A two percent (2%) one-time bonus for members. The two percent (2%) one-time bonus shall be based on members’ new 2020-2021 base salaries.
CSEA believes this is a good and fair agreement. As such, CSEA’s Negotiations Team recommends a YES vote on this agreement. If you have questions regarding the tentative agreement or voting, please join us at our Zoom informational meeting Thursday March 18th at 5pm. Link for the informational meeting will be posted on our PYLCSEA.com website no later than 4:45.
In accordance with CSEA’s Policy 610, members will have the ability to vote on this agreement beginning Thursday March 18th at 4:45pm through Thursday March 25th at 4:45pm. To cast your vote, please click on this link VOTE
Thank you for your support and your vote!
Remember, only CSEA members have a voice and a vote! Not a member yet? Join CSEA HERE (Chapter name PYLCSEA, Chapter number 293)